MACT TRAINING WEEK IN MATERA
An opportunity for theater trainers
and professionals in the employment sector
Who is the training for?
The training is for professionals in the employment or theater sector that received the title of Creative Mentor for Employability, following our online course and that are from one of the countries of the Project partners (United Kingdom, Italy, France, Spain, Poland and Romania).
The online course is designed for professionals in the employment sector, theater trainers and all those who want to learn innovative and effective tools to help people in their job search through theater techniques.
Key information about the training week
During the 5 days of training in Matera (Italy), participants will gain first-hand experience of the “Master the Act” (MACT) methodology and will be able to engage with trainers and other professionals on the activities, opportunities and challenges of Creative Mentors for Employability.
At the end of the training, participants will be able to replicate the training and put the content into practice by adapting it to their own context. They will also have the opportunity to contribute to designing and providing a new training event (national pilot) in their own country with the support of the MACT Trainers.
When and Where
The training will be held in Matera (Italy) from 24th to 28th October 2022 for a total of 27 hours.
Being part of the Master the Act Erasmus+ project, the training week is co-financed by European Union Funds. Some of the costs of travelling and accommodation are paid by the Project Partners. The eligible costs and procedures are different for each country. You’ll find more information inside the application form.
The programme focuses on practical activities designed to test and enhance familiarity with tools and strategies that relate to the MACT methodology.
During the 5 days of training, participants will experience first-hand the MACT methodology and will be able to discuss with trainers and other professionals about the activities, opportunities and challenges of the Creative Mentor for Employability.
- Day 1 – 24th October: During this first day, the participants will experience the “Fake it Make it” Methodology, putting themselves in the shoes of the job seekers. The idea is to allow the participants to experience first-hand what it means to improve their soft skills and their employability through theater. During the following days, the participants will deepen this experience by finding out and testing other exercises that they can use to set up a training session similar to the “Fake It Make it” ones.
- Day 2 – 25th October: During this day the future Creative Mentor for Employability will find out more practical activities useful to develop the soft skills of the job seekers through theatrical and creative exercises. In particular, they will try activities useful to develop creativity, imagination and storytelling abilities, communication skills, leadership, and negotiation.
- Day 3 – 26th October: During this day the future Creative Mentor for Employability will find out and test themselves in several practical activities to help the job seekers to better identify their strengths and weaknesses, and the skills and competencies that they need to reach their future goals.
- Day 4 – 27th October: During this day, the future Creative Mentor for Employability will focus more on the skills that a CME should have to do this job. In the morning, they will find out further exercises and activities useful for leading a group. In the afternoon, they will focus on how to help the job seekers to set up their own professional paths and perform during a job interview.
- Day 5 – 28th October: The last day will be an opportunity to start to think about the future National Pilots that the Project Partners have to lead with the support of the participants in this training. The participants will be divided into groups based on the country and, thinking about what they had learned during the online course and what they had experienced during these days, they will start to imagine their own National Pilot.
How to apply?
To participate in the selection you have to complete the MACT Online Course to become a Creative Mentor for Employability. Once you have received your final certificate and interacted inside the Community as requested during the course you can apply for selection.
You can apply until 30th September 2022.
Selection outcomes will be communicated by email by the first week of October in both negative and positive cases.
General Selection Criteria
- Profile, experiences, motivation;
- Interest in applying the MACT methodology with job seekers;
- Level of interaction within the Community Section of the Platform;
- Proficiency in English.